Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Passover Experience Part 1

It was interesting and it was long.  We began the celebration at approximately 6:30 pm and finished around 1:15 am.


Those are my first two thoughts about attending a Passover celebration.


I may get these items out of order because I didn't take extensive notes.

First, we read about putting the blood on the door posts and the lintel.  We didn't actually use real blood.  Instead we used red felt representing blood.  We put it over the door and on the two sides as well as at the base of the door.


If you've never read the story of Passover, you can find it in the book of Exodus, chapter 12.


The blood was from a lamb and when the Angel of Death saw the blood, he would passover the house.  Otherwise, the angel would kill the firstborn.


My understanding is that putting the blood on the door posts is no longer done in traditional passover celebrations.  


However as a Christian - I find the experience very meaningful.  We are safe - only as long as we are "under the blood" of Messiah Jesus.


More later:
Pastor John



No comments: