Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm worried

I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you. - God speaking to Abraham in Genesis 12:3.

Is it true? Did God rescind this promise later? Did the promise switch over and apply to the church instead of the Jewish people?

I believe that this promise to Abraham is true. I believe that it remains in effect today. And that is what worries me. As I see our country condemn the nation of Israel instead of supporting them, I wonder what will happen to our country.

Many have asked why the United States is not mentioned in the book of Revelation. Could it be because our nation no longer matters at that point?

Psalm 122:6 tells us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Let us make sure we do that - and let us bless the decedents of Abraham so that we might receive the blessing promised in Genesis.

Pastor John

No comments: